Our factory is closed for UK statutory holidays (Bank holidays) and for an extended break during the Christmas / New Year holiday. We also close for various dates throughout the year.
Are you an experienced QHSE Assistant who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced, busy Health and Safety Department?
The QHSE Assistant will assist the HSE Manager and Quality Manager in the support of the company in meeting the requirements set out in the “Integrated Management System” (IMS). The roll will involve assisting Cell Leaders, workers and others within the company recognising hazards to minimise risks whilst creating, maintaining and improving the health, safety, environmental and quality standards within the workplace.
The QHSE Assistant can be responsible for any of the items listed below:
- Support the communication and promotion of HSE within the company by, being involved in HSE meetings and associated related activities (toolbox talks, HSE Inductions, inspections, audits etc.).
- Undertake site HSE inspections.
- Identifying potential hazards within operating areas and implementing specific control measures with those from the area.
- Provide consistent and accurate HSE advice to employees
- Input data and relevant information into the Fastworks reporting system.
- Identify trends from HSE statistics and take proactive measures/initiatives.
- Produce and communicate safety alerts to promote learning and prevention
- Offering assistance as required in investigations of incidents.
- Reviewing company HSE legislative registers and assisting in the compliance of such.
- Assist with the development of the integrated management system and other documents
- Quality administration duties as required
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and working practices at all times.
- Keep a clean and manageable working area
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with job
- NEBOSH general certificate, or qualified by experience
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and report writing skills
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work as a member of a team, but also capable of working alone
- High quality standards, e.g. attention to detail
- Ability to lead by/set a good example
We offer a competitive remuneration package for the right person, depending on their experience.
Apply today by attaching your covering letter and CV below.
Factory holiday closures
You are applying for QHSE Assistant - Please include a cover letter.