CNC Machining Engineer (Wellingborough)
To provide engineering and technical support to Manufacturing Engineers, customers and the Operations teams.
The role is to be based in Wellingborough, although travel to other sites maybe needed.
This will involve but is not limited to:
- Assisting with developing technical specifications, tooling and processes for new products
- Assisting with providing information and cost estimates to enable quotations
- Assisting with projects to introduce new products on time
- Transposing customer specifications and instructions into engineering practices and processes
- Bringing solutions to technical issues in production
- Writing new CNC programs and ensuring current programs are kept up to date
- Project assistance
- Procurement of equipment
- Assist in problem solving for processes, machinery and tooling
- Prove out processes and obtain ISIR
- Cost reduction initiatives
- Cost estimates in line with customer enquiries
- Engineering change control and technical support for IATF16949 processes
- Training of Production Operatives
- Developing processes and process sheets in line with customer requirements
- Construct and maintain bills of material for customers and internal departments
- Problem solving using approved tools, including the resolution of customer complaints and internal quality issues
- Use of CNC machining centres
- Use of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Use of CAM software
- Assembly and setting of CNC tooling
- Attend meetings and prepare documentation for PPAP, APQP and Process Flow Charts
- Support QOS meetings
- Support within production when fluctuation of customer orders
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your own job role and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Keep a clean and manageable working area
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with job
- Shift working may be required including days, late shift and night shift.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and working practices at all times.
You are applying for CNC Machining Engineer (Wellingborough) - Please include a cover letter.